2014 Viognier - Arundel

2014 Viognier

Our viognier has lovely balance and depth of flavours, aromas of citrus, almond and apricot blossom can be seen to tantalise, while the palate offers a waxy texture featuring flavours of apricot and lemon butter while honeysuckle and spices round out the palate with length and charisma.

$20.00

* It is highly recommended that the order is placed in 2, 6, 12 bottles or dozens for a safer delivery.

About the wine:

Vintage Overview

Warm and dry growing conditions were fairly consistent throughout the season and extended through to mid-April which made ideal growing conditions and produced excellent canopy for the vines, yields were down around 10% due to smaller berry sizes, which also gave the fruit more power and intensity.

Overall a great vintage for us and the wines speak for themselves.

Variety / Clone

Viognier / HTK clone

Region

Sunbury

Planted

1998

Soil

Basaltic derived clay over chalky limestone

Aspect

Northern slope of the property

Rows

High density planted – facing East-West

Altitude

97 meters above sea level

Winemaking overview

Handpicked, whole bunch pressed, fermented in stainless steel tanks using only wild yeasts and temperature control. 30% aged in older French barriques and the remaining 70% aged in stainless steel for 10 months before being blended back together and bottled.

Picked

8 March 2013

Baume – PH - TA

13.6 – 3.4 – 5.5

Alcohol

14.3%

Production

1,248 bottles

Bottled

15 February 2014

Release date

15 January 2017

Food pairing

Matches perfectly with any spicy or creamy cuisines. Serve at 7-10°C.

Best drinking

2018-2024